What’s the normal temperature range of body heat in females?
The body temperature is actually a measurement of the body’s ability to generate and get rid of excess heat. Typically, a female has a body temperature of 98.6°F, with the average temperature of an adult’s being between 97.8°F and 99.0°F.
Your hypothalamus and the autonomic nervous system make your body temperature usually oscillate between a degree or two of the normal range. But, under certain circumstances, you may find your body heat rising, leading to a condition called heat stress.
Causes of internal heat in a woman
Several factors can contribute to excess heat generation in the body and these can include:
- Dehydration - A shortage of water in your system can interfere with its natural ability to produce sweat, which acts as a cooling mechanism.
- Sun exposure - Spending too much time under the sun can cause your body to heat up and can even lead to severe illnesses.
- Overexertion - If you overwork yourself or engage in too much exercise, it can activate your muscles and increase your blood circulation, leading to excess heat.
- Hyperthyroidism - Under this condition, your body produces an excess amount of thyroid hormones, which reduces its ability to cool itself. Also, excess thyroid can lead to fat deposition, which can also lead to more heat generation in the body.
- Caffeine/ alcohol intake - These two can lead to an increase in your blood pressure and heart rate which can cause your body temperature to rise, and is even worse when the two are mixed together.
Hot flashes - During or after menopause, you may experience hot flashes that quickly increase your body temperature and cause a sudden wave of heat to pass through your body.
Internal body heat symptoms
Often when your body experiences a heat surge, you will notice some symptoms that can include:
- Excessive sweating
- Low blood pressure, which can end up making you feel faint
- Mood swings can arise from unwanted symptoms
- Muscle cramps
- Dizziness can make you feel like your surroundings are spinning
- Nausea can also be accompanied by other gastric issues
- Severe ailments can include heat syncope or heat stroke
How to reduce body heat immediately ?
The following remedies can help you manage excess heat generation in your body and effectively cool you down.
- Drink coconut water
One great way to bring down your body’s heat level is to drink tender coconut water. It is punched with a cocktail of vitamins, minerals and electrolytes that help in soothing your internal organs and leaving you feeling energized again.
- Eat hydrating foods
You can try fruits and vegetables that have a high water content in order to help you bring your temperature down. Hydrating fruits include watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, oranges, lemons and grapefruits.
In vegetables, you can try eating cucumber, bitter gourd, celery and cauliflower. They will bring down your body heat level and leave you feeling energized.
- Apply aloe vera gel
Aloe vera is a great cooling agent that works wonders when both applied topically or ingested internally. After showering, you can apply the raw gel from the plant or a store-bought pure processed one to cool down your tissues from within. They also contain some vital vitamins and minerals that are very effective for you.
- Change into loose clothing
Wear loose, natural fabrics like cotton and linen that are good at wicking sweat away. Tight clothing traps the moisture inside your body, thereby retaining more heat. So, it’s best to avoid them in hot weather and stick to comfortable, light-coloured, loosely fitted clothes.
- Drink peppermint tea
Peppermint has a high menthol content, which is an effective cooling agent and makes your body heat level go down. Add peppermint to iced tea or even hot tea and drink it several times throughout the day to bring down your temperature. Even though a hot drink may sound contradictory, it can actually help you in sweating the temperature out.
- Drink water
Drinking cool water can help break the heat inside your body and bring your temperature down. Drink sufficient water throughout the day, which will keep your body temperature in check and also prevent dehydration.
- Apply sandalwood all over
Another great natural remedy to bring your temperature back to normal is by using sandalwood, either in powder form or paste form. You can also find products infused with sandalwood, but the raw thing works the best. If you have the resources, try applying sandalwood all over your body, or just your face to cool your body inside out.