Be it bushy brows, thin brows or anything in between, eyebrows play a powerful role in framing your face and defining the way you look. Naturally, people tend to spend a lot of time and attention in achieving the perfect eyebrows!
While traditional methods like threading, plucking or waxing are still the more popular brow-grooming choices, they can also be more expensive and time-consuming. Not to mention, some parlours just get it horribly wrong! And, there’s always the star of the show - pain!
Recently, eyebrow shaving is emerging as a favourable alternative to conventional grooming methods. The best part is how it’s absolutely painless! To begin your eyebrow shaving journey, all you need to do is invest in a good quality eyebrow razor.
Now, what’s an eyebrow razor?
There are separate razors for your body, face and bikini areas. Similarly, an eyebrow razor is specially designed to shave your eyebrows easily at home to achieve your desired look. It’s much smaller than a normal facial razor because it needs to be more precise.
Bigger razors are not suitable for your eyebrow region since you always run the risk of overdoing it. Unless your goal is to completely shave your brows off, an eyebrow razor happens to be the best candidate for the job.
Is it safe?
As long as you use a stainless steel blade and maintain proper hygiene, there’s nothing to deem an eyebrow razor unsafe. They’re small and designed to prevent nicks. Just make sure that before you attempt to shave, you wash the razor or dip it in some rubbing alcohol or sanitiser to make it completely safe.
Do you need one over a normal facial razor?
A facial razor is much bigger in comparison to an eyebrow razor. If you try to use one for your brows, you run the risk of getting cuts. Not to mention, there’s always the possibility of overdoing your brows since a larger blade is harder to control.
Eyebrow razors are also shaped in a way that allows you to reach even the most difficult areas while shaving. Since that part is more curved and raised, a specialised blade provides more precision, control and a better finish.
So, how do you go about using an eyebrow razor?
Now that you’re intrigued, let’s take a look at how to begin your eyebrow shaving journey!
- Wash your face before you begin - The first thing you need to do is wash your face and hands to remove traces of dirt and debris. Shaving becomes more hygienic and smoother with a clean face.
- Apply a facial shaving balm - Shaving balms are designed to make the process much smoother and easier. Use the Carmesi Facial Shaving Balm to prep your skin so that the razor glides effortlessly against your skin.
- Brush your eyebrows - Use a spoolie to brush your eyebrows in the upward direction to get a better idea of your original outline and the extras that require shaving.
- Make an outline - Using a light coloured eye pencil, make an outline of the shape you are going for. Repeat it on the other eyebrows and check to see if both of them look the same.
- Pick out the right eyebrow razor - The most important step is selecting a good eyebrow razor. Try the Carmesi Eyebrow Razor which comes with a stainless steel blade and a shielding tip for complete protection against cuts and infections. It also has an ergonomic handle for better grip and control.
- Hold your skin taut - It’s important to hold your skin taut with your other hand for better protection and more precision.
- Shave over and under - Using your eyebrow razor, follow the guideline you created with your eyebrow pencil and shave the extras over and under your brows to get your desired look.
- Finish off by trimming with scissors - After you’re done, use the spoolie again to brush your brows in the upward direction. Any extra long hair can be trimmed to length using a small pair of scissors.
- Wash your face again after - After you’re done, wash your face to remove the baby hairs that are left behind on your face to get a clean and complete look.
- Apply the shaving balm at the end - Use the Carmesi Facial Shaving Balm again after you’re done to provide a soothing effect to your skin and get rid of any irritation that may occur after shaving.
Using the eyebrow razor for your upper lip
As a bonus, your eyebrow razor can also be used in your upper lip area for a safer hair removal experience as compared to a traditional facial razor. The shielding tip of the Carmesi Eyebrow Razor will protect your lips from getting nicked.
Simply wash your face, apply the Carmesi Facial Shaving Balm and shave your upper lip area clean. Wash your face afterwards and apply the balm again to soothe the region.