Facial oils, when used properly and according to your skin type, can provide you with many benefits. One such miraculous Ayurvedic oil is the kumkumadi facial oil, which is carefully made with many natural ingredients.
It’s known to prevent and treat a variety of skin issues and is sometimes referred to as a “miraculous” Ayurvedic oil. So, what is it? And, is it going to be beneficial for you? Let’s find out!
What is kumkumadi oil?
“Kumkumadi” oil literally translates to “saffron” oil in English, with its main ingredient being, well, saffron. It’s famous for rejuvenating your skin and renewing your skin cells in order to prevent ageing and give you a much-coveted glow.
About 20-26 ingredients usually go into the preparation of this “miraculous” facial oil and it is one of the most touted Ayurvedic products on the market. The ingredients have both cosmetic and therapeutic properties - meaning that they can enhance your appearance while helping you treat some skin conditions.
What goes into making this oil?
The list of ingredients is huge and varies somewhat from one brand to another. But, in general, the most important ingredients are as follows:
- Indian madder
- Indian redwood
- Pollen of lotus flower
- Licorice root extracts
- Wild Himalayan cherry
- Leaves of the banyan tree
- Vetiver roots
Several other ingredients may also go into the making of this oil, and each has its unique skin healing properties. Check the ingredients list of the particular brand to understand what else has gone into its making.
How is it beneficial for your skin?
There are many benefits of using kumkumadi oil, and it’s generally considered safe for all skin types - even the most sensitive ones. Though, you should be careful in picking out a good one as there are several brands in the market.
- Brightens complexion - Kumkumadi oil renews your skin cells and promotes blood circulation, making your complexion brighter and glowing. The antioxidants help in achieving a radiance from within, imparting your face with a healthy, natural glow.
- Treats skin infections - The oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which are great for treating skin conditions and flare-ups of a varied range. It also reduces inflammation and redness or skin irritations that you may have developed from using the wrong products on your skin.
- Great for hyperpigmentation - Kumkumadi oil contains skin lightening ingredients that work great for treating tanning and hyperpigmentation. You will also find it beneficial in treating acne scars, dark spots and discolouration.
- Controls excess oil production - Oily skin people, especially those with sensitive skin, have to be more careful in picking out facial oils because they are prone to breakouts. But the unique ingredient list of kumkumadi oil reduces the overproduction of oil and does not clog your pores. It gives a healthy glow without feeling greasy, even if you have very oily skin.
- Hydrates your skin - Every skin type needs proper hydration without feeling too oily. The ingredients in this oil help achieve just the right balance and are equally fit for people with oily or dry skin.
- Improves your skin texture - The essential proteins present in your skin are responsible for the texture of your skin. This oil has ingredients that can repair your skin barrier and improve your skin texture, making it smooth, supple and soft.
- Prevents ageing signs - When your skin can produce healthy cells, it becomes more resistant to damage and the overall health and appearance of your skin improves. Kumkumadi oil has anti-ageing properties that work wonderfully to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and dullness or dryness.
- Treats acne - Due to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of the oil, it’s great for people with acne-prone skin. It reduces breakouts by controlling excess oil production and killing acne-causing bacteria.
- Protects against sun damage - Saffron in it has natural sunscreen properties, while other potent ingredients protect the skin from harmful UV rays of the sun. It also helps in soothing the skin and reversing sun damage and tanning.
How should you be using kumkumadi oil?
Like any other facial oil, you should follow the basic skincare steps and incorporate them into your routine accordingly.
- Cleanse - The most important step is to cleanse your face with a mild cleanser like the Carmesi Foaming Facewash to remove impurities from your face and begin with a fresh canvas.
- Hydrate - There are many skincare products that you can incorporate into your routine, but the most important step that you should never skip is hydration. Use a gentle moisturiser like the Carmesi Soothing Moisturiser to restore hydration to your skin after cleansing it.
- Facial oil - This is usually the last step in your skincare routine as facial oil is used to lock in all the products that you’ve used before. Use the kumkumadi oil a night as the last skincare step and wake up with glowing skin the next day!