Life, today, can make it hard to maintain your hair health and protect it from external and internal damage. And, hair fall can truly be a woman’s worst nightmare. While hair masks can be a good solution to impart moisture and nourishment to your hair, they are also quick and effective ways to treat hair fall.
But first, let’s find out what can be causing excessive hair loss in the first place.
What are the common causes of hair fall?
You can be losing hair for a number of reasons including:
- Stress - Our bodies respond to mental and physical stress in the same manner, and any significant stressor on the body will halt hair development. Hair also sheds when its growth is halted. When the body is worried, the hormone cortisol is released, which can disrupt the hair follicle and cause shedding or hair loss, which usually happens three months after the stressful incident.
- Pregnancy - Hair loss can be caused by a variety of physical stresses, including pregnancy. Pregnancy-related hair loss is more prevalent after the baby is born than throughout the pregnancy, and if you do have hair loss after the baby is born, be assured that your hair will regrow in a few months.
- Nutritional issues - Hair loss can be caused by taking too many vitamins A pills or drugs. In addition, not getting enough protein in your diet might cause undesirable hair loss, and it might also occur if you don't obtain enough iron in your diet. Poor nutrition or fad and crash diets can cause nutritional shortages, contributing to hair loss ranging from thinning to patches of baldness across the scalp.
- Excessive styling - Hair loss can be caused by over-shampooing or blow-drying, using hot styling equipment repeatedly, tugging on hair when styling or tying a ponytail or massaging the scalp too forcefully.
- Medical reasons - Thyroid, PCOS, diabetes, and lupus are just a few of the illnesses that can cause hair loss. Because chemotherapy works by rapidly dividing cells, even cancer treatment can result in hair loss.
- Genetics - You may be more susceptible to hair loss if the women in your family start losing their hair at a young age. In female-pattern baldness, the hairline doesn’t recede but instead widens at the centre parting and show visibly thinning hair.
- Age - Hair loss or thinning is typical in women in their 50s and 60s, and specialists advise against attempting to correct it.
Best hair masks to prevent hair fall
You have a wide array of hair masks to choose from, which can help prevent hair loss.
- An egg mask
Eggs are high in protein and B vitamins, both of which are beneficial to the quality of your hair. They are suitable for all hair types and give adequate nutrients.
- a single egg
- 1 gallon of milk
- lemon juice (about 2 tbsp.)
- 2 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a smooth liquid consistency and apply to your scalp and hair lengths. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it on for at least 20 minutes before washing it with lukewarm water.
- Banana hair mask
Bananas are high in antioxidants, potassium, vitamins, and natural oils, making them an effective hair loss remedy. And since they are available all year, they make for an excellent go-to hair mask for hair loss.
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- coconut oil, 1 tablespoon
- honey (1 tablespoon)
Blend the banana and sieve it to make it smooth, then combine it with the olive, oil, honey, and coconut oil before applying it to your roots. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water and a gentle shampoo.
- Avocado mask
Avocados are high in iron, vitamin B, omega-3 fatty acids, niacin, and vitamin C, which are all essential for hair development and health. It can aid with breakage, frizz, and split ends, as well as taming and hydrating the hair.
- 1 ripe avocado that's small
- a half-cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- almond oil (1 tablespoon)
Blend the ingredients until they form a smooth consistency, then apply the mask to the hair from the roots to the tips. It should be left on for 15 minutes before being washed off with cold water for smooth, awesome hair that doesn’t break as much.
- A green tea hair mask
Green tea is high in antioxidants, which assist to combat free radicals while also hydrating the scalp and significantly preventing hair loss.
- 1 yolk of an egg
- 2 tblsp. brewed green tea
Mix the ingredients together until they form a creamy texture, then use an application brush to apply the mixture to your hair and scalp. Allow 15 to 20 minutes for it to dry before rinsing it off with cold water and shampooing.
- A curd or yoghurt hair mask
According to research, yoghurt or curd can help protect hair ends, improve hair colour, minimise breakage and hair damage, and act as a hair conditioner.
- 1 yoghurt or curd in a cup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar or any other oil of your choosing
- honey (1 tablespoon)
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and apply to your hair from the roots to the tips. Allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Curry leaves and coconut oil mask
Curry leaves are a well-known therapy for promoting hair development, preserving natural hair colour and preventing premature greying. Coconut oil's penetrative effects, as well as its fatty acid concentration, help to prevent hair protein loss.
- 10-12 curry leaves (fresh)
- 2 tblsp. coconut oil
Heat the curry leaves in the coconut oil until they pop, then reduce the heat until the oil is warm. Apply it to your scalp and hair, leave it on for 20 minutes, and then shower it off.
How to get naturally stronger hair?
Biotin is an essential component for strong hair and it is something that the body cannot generate on its own. A wonderful natural biotin supplement like the Carmesi 100% Plant-Based Biotin works wonders on your hair, making it stronger and more elastic. It also works by reducing dandruff and controlling hair fall.