Sleeping naked might not be on your list of priorities, but there are pretty good reasons why it should. It has amazing health benefits that are pretty hard to ignore once you learn about them. Plus, it’s pretty easy to try on your own. Give this article a read to see what you might be missing out on if you don’t already sleep in your birth-suit!
12 incredible benefits of sleeping naked
Sleeping naked benefits a lot of avenues in your life apart from providing better sleep. So, let’s find out what they are before you jump the gun and start making excuses to do otherwise:
When you sleep without your clothes on, your body rests much better. And, is there anything better than deep sleep?
- Keeps your body cooler - The temperature has a significant impact on the quality of your sleep. You're more likely to wake up too soon if your skin begins to warm, even a little. Sleeping nude is a simple technique to keep your skin temperature low without having to adjust the temperature of the room. It also aids in keeping you cool in general, which enhances the quality of your sleep and helps you feel less exhausted.
- Helps you fall asleep sooner - One factor that influences how quickly you fall asleep is your body temperature. It's really a part of your circadian rhythm, which is the biological pattern that serves as your body's sleep clock. Cooling down signals to your body that it is time to sleep, thus lying nude and letting your body temperature drop can actually aid in falling asleep faster.
- Improves the quality of your sleep - Cooling your body not only helps you fall asleep faster but also enhances the quality of your sleep. The recommended temperature for your bedroom is between 15 and 19 degrees Celsius. You risk affecting your dream stage of sleep that helps if it's too chilly or too hot. This is the stage in which you revitalize your brain and body. One technique to keep cool under the sheets is to sleep nude.
- Helps with anxiety and stress management - A great reason why sleeping nude could be a good idea is that it may make you feel less stressed and anxious. It's no secret that a lack of sleep has a significant influence on stress levels, and while stress and worry may both lead to insomnia, it's vital to remember that getting enough sleep and increasing your sleep quality can help tremendously.
When you sleep better, you automatically feel better. Ditching your clothes during bedtime has some amazing health benefits, even beyond the luxurious feel of the soft blanket on your skin.
- Clear out toxic proteins - Deep sleep is very crucial for getting the most out of your slumber. Your brain cleans itself of harmful proteins as you sleep. Toxic proteins have been linked to an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
- Promotes burning calories - If sleeping nude allows you to sleep for extended periods of time, it may lower your risk of obesity and weight gain. Adults who sleep 5 hours or fewer per night are more likely to acquire weight than those who sleep 7 hours or more per night.
- Helps produce brown fat - Your body produces more brown fat when you sleep at a lower temperature. To keep you warm, brown fat stimulates your metabolism by burning blood sugar and the white fat that's already stored in your body. Brown fat levels, when high may lower your chances of obesity and diabetes.
- Makes your skin healthy - Getting adequate sleep may aid in the recovery and maintenance of your skin, and if sleeping nude is what aids in this, then it's quite preferable. In addition, new collagen formation in your skin is an important component of the healing process of sleep. Better sleep leads to more comprehensive collagen regeneration, which leaves your skin appearing plump and radiant.
- Lowered risks of type 2 diabetes and heart disease - You may be at risk for diabetes or heart disease if you don't get enough sleep at night. Lower sleep duration has been linked to an increased risk of diabetes, which can subsequently increase your risk of heart disease, according to some studies. By sleeping nude, you may improve your ability to fall asleep faster and remain asleep, which might have a significant impact on your health.
- Improves vaginal health - It's also a good idea to sleep nude to improve vaginal health and avoid yeast infections. Because yeast thrives in warm, wet environments, tight-fitting or sweaty underwear might raise your risk of a vaginal yeast infection. Sleeping naked is a simple technique to maintain your vagina healthy by allowing it to breathe.
Believe it or not, wearing your birthday suit during bedtime can do incredible things for your relationship with yourself and your partner.
- Promotes self-love by boosting self-esteem - Being at ease in your own skin is a sign of higher self-esteem. You may feel more in touch with your body if you sleep nude. Sleeping without tangled nightclothes or a confining bra is liberating, and may end up making you feel better and more at ease.
Forms stronger bonds with your partner - The release of oxytocin, the feel-good love hormone, can be boosted by physical touch with your partner. Increased skin-to-skin contact produces this chemical, which strengthens your emotional bond with them. Full skin-to-skin contact also boosts the enjoyment of orgasms, which may help you relax and improve your mood organically.
So, how do you start?
Taking off your clothing is the quickest method to start sleeping nude. However, there are a variety of reasons why sleeping naked isn't a realistic choice for some people. But, if you happen to be someone who can enjoy this, start by taking a hot shower, moisturizing as normal, and then climbing into bed with a fan blowing softly on your body. This will likely make sleeping nude a more pleasant experience. Raising your body temperature and then gradually cooling it with a mild wind might help you relax and feel more at ease sleeping naked.
What if you can’t sleep naked?
Some people may find the thought of sleeping nude to be unsettling. However, this does not have to rule out the possibility of a restful night's sleep for you. If you're hesitant to undress before bed, there are a few solutions to help you sleep more easily while still reaping the advantages of sleeping naked.
Natural fabrics and pyjamas that are loose-fitting can help you sleep better. Instead of synthetic fibres, make sure the cloth is made of cotton, silk, or linen. Jersey knit materials offer a lot of bounce and flexibility, so they'll let you move about more freely.
If your toes and feet are particularly chilly at night, your body may find it more difficult to properly regulate its temperature and fall asleep. In this case, lightweight socks, rather than bulky wool socks, can keep your toes warm and make it simpler to sleep naked.