Motherhood is one of the most cherished roles in a woman’s life and being a mom leaves a lasting positive impact on both the mother and the child. Most of us have always been told by our mothers that their entire lives changed after we were born and that if given the opportunity, they would happily do it all over again.
What makes motherhood so great?
It is hard to explain, or rather pinpoint, as to what exactly makes motherhood great. Is it the satisfaction of raising a child? Is it watching them become successful human beings? Is it knowing that even after you are gone, a part of you will still live on in this world for much longer? Or is it simply a biological craving that makes people want to procreate?
It’s hard to say exactly what makes motherhood so special and great. But, most of the mothers out there agree that it is a beautiful journey that makes them feel more fulfilled than anything else in the world.
A curation of actual comments on motherhood from real moms
Here, we have scoured the internet for comments on motherhood that are truly heart touching and, if you are a mother yourself, then you will definitely relate hard. Real moms share their experience and feeling of raising a child and how it’s happy and crazy and an emotional roller coaster.
- “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.”- Tina Fey
- “Having kids - the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings - is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” - Maria Shriver
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” - Jill Churchill
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” - Sophia Loren
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the centre of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” - Jessica Lange
- “Motherhood has relaxed me in many ways. You learn to deal with crisis. I’ve become a juggler, I suppose. It’s all a big circus, and nobody who knows me believes I can manage, but sometimes I do.” - Jane Seymour
- “Motherhood is wonderful, but it’s also hard work. It’s the logistics more than anything. You discover you have reserves of energy you didn’t know you had.” - Deborah Mailman
- “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is… and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.” - Donna Ball
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” - Kate Winslet
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” - Oprah Winfrey
- “You don't take a class; you're thrown into motherhood and learn from experience.” - Jennie Finch
- “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” - Meryl Streep
- “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible.” - Naya Rivera
“The moment he wakes up from a nap... Just a gummy mouth, no teeth, just a big smile, happy that you’re alive and you’re just looking at him. That’s probably the most magical.” - Jessica Biel
The bottom line
Motherhood is a truly cherishable journey and a mother’s love is one of the purest forms of love out there. No matter the caste, creed, religion, race or economic position, a mother’s love is universally pure and speaks the same language all over the world. One can go on and on about it, but chances are you already know. Whether you are a mother yourself or have just grown up with your mother around.