People have been using almond oil for centuries. Packed with rich vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids, it is a versatile oil that benefits most skin types. Extracted directly from the seed, it comes in two varieties - sweet and bitter. The sweet almond oil is used widely in different skincare products. For the face, this lightweight wonder has the capacity to repair and nourish the skin from within, while providing it with the right nutrients. So, if you’ve been looking towards nature for all your skin concerns, almond oil could be your jam!
How does it work?
Almond oil is an emollient, which means it has softening and smoothening properties. It helps in locking in the moisture and keeps the face hydrated. Use it every day and experience your skin turning soft and supple within two weeks, as suggested by dermatologists. The nut oil is high in Vitamin E that can contain cell damage, while repairing and protecting the skin. It also contains a good amount of Vitamin A that smoothes out fine lines on the face.
This oil is also anti-inflammatory and helps in repairing inflamed and sensitive skin. As it has zinc, it can assist in healing facial scars too. It is also non-comedogenic, which means it doesn’t clog pores like other heavier face oils. In fact, for anyone who regularly struggles with acne, almond oil works wonders as it helps in opening up those clogged pores. Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, it also keeps the facial skin moisturized for longer.
How to use almond oil for the face?
Almond oil is an incredibly soothing moisturizing and easy to add to your skincare regime. Being gentle and light, it can be used as the last step to your night-time routine. Lock in all that moisture with just a few drops. As a makeup remover also, almond oil works great as it’s gentle enough even for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin. Dab a few drops on cotton to clean your face and then follow it up with a splash of warm water.
We are all aware of the necessity of thorough cleaning, and this is where this oil may surprise you. Excessive product use might deplete the skin's natural oils and protective layers. As a cleanser, blend almond oil with essential oils like lavender or rosehip to nourish your skin that is in need of a break.
An almond oil facial massage aids in reducing spots, healing scars, and hydrating dry skin.
- Add some sugar to the oil, and you have a gentle exfoliating scrub, suitable even for sensitive skin.
- When added to face packs, this plant oil helps nourish the skin. Slather some on the face after you are done with cleansing, toning, and moisturising.
- You can also use it to lift up fatigued skin by using just a little bit to massage into the skin. As it is not too greasy, it blends well for a smooth experience.
- For tired eyes, you can also pat a little bit under before going to bed.
- If you struggle with chapped and dry lips, almond oil is your go-to person. Use it at night to keep them soft and supple.
- You can also massage some in immediately after a shower. No wonder so many massage therapists swear by almond oil.
Benefits of using almond face oil:
Rich in antioxidants, almond oil can provide relief to dry skin and heal it over a period of time. It creates a natural barrier against dryness and brings relief to itchy and flaky skin too.
- From the very first application, this hypoallergenic oil starts working on smoothening the skin. This is why we have been using it for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- It has been proven that the degenerative changes that ultraviolet rays’ exposure brings to the facial skin can be reversed with the help of almond oil.
- When used regularly, it can decelerate the process of photoaging.
- Being a nut oil, it is high in linoleic acid, which is a highly-absorbing ingredient used in many skincare products. It also helps in reducing the appearance of scars.
- It has properties that help in rejuvenating tired and dull facial skin.
Is almond oil beneficial for all skin types?
If you are allergic to almonds or nuts in general, it’s better to avoid almond oil for the face. Also, if you’ve never used it on the face before, do a small patch test first to determine if it suits your skin or not. However, people suffering from severe acne should first contact a specialist before considering alternative solutions.
In today’s world, where most of us are on the lookout for natural products, especially when it comes to our face, almond oil is a boon. This legit nut oil has all the features that make it a great buy. Light and non-sticky, it suits most skin types too. It’s a one-bottle miracle that you can carry wherever you go. An all-rounder, almond face oil is definitely here to stay and slay!