Sex should be enjoyable for everyone, regardless of their shape and size. But, not all positions are possible for everyone, which is why it’s important to experiment with different ones. Sex is all about pleasure and some people may want to give up on it due to body image issues. But, you should never do that because, with enough trust and open communication, it’s possible to come up with options that will blow your mind away. Read on to take your sex life to the next level.
Talking to your partner about trying out new positions
Honest and open communication with your sexual partner is very important to enjoy great sex. When trying to suggest new sex positions, it is essential to refrain from criticism. Start by focusing on what already works great in your relationship and sex life in general.
Once your partner feels comfortable discussing your sex life, you can start suggesting some new positions that you feel will add value to your sex life. Make sure to ask them to chip in and let them know that the suggestions are being made in an attempt to enhance pleasure and connection.
Some of the myths surrounding plus size sex
Thanks to media portrayal, there are quite some myths surrounding overweight people having sex. The negative notions further gain ground when people with body image issues refuse to open up and experiment with their sex life. Some of these myths regarding plus size sex include the following:
- They are more prone to hurting their partners - Sex is all about experimenting and finding out what works for both the parties involved. Injury can happen to anyone trying out different positions till they get the hang of it. Just because a person is overweight, that does not imply that they will end up hurting themselves or their partners while engaging in sexual activities. Of course, some positions may be trickier to adjust to, but honest communication can solve most of these problems.
- Too many physical limitations - There is a common misconception that overweight people must lack in the flexibility department. However, anyone can be inflexible due to their lifestyle, activity level, muscle and bone structure and injuries. It is not limited to overweight people in any way and they can enjoy sex as much as everyone else.
It’s hard to find their genitals - Certain positions reveal the genitals better while others don’t. This is true for everyone regardless of their weight. It’s best to experiment with different positions to see what works best for you and your partner.
Must try sex positions for overweight people
Now that the misconceptions have been cleared and you are ready to spice up your sex life, these are some of the positions that you must try for fulfilling sizzle sessions:
- Missionary variations - The missionary position is one of the commonest and well-accepted positions, where the giving partner lies on top of the receiving one and with the support of their elbows and knees, hoists their body up in order to have sex. You can try variations of it if you find normal missionary uncomfortable by putting a few pillows under the butt of the partner who’s lying down. Then, the giving partner can kneel on the bed and penetrate at a comfortable height. This gives a nice view of the genitals, which assists in hassle-free sex while the one penetrating has their hands free to engage in any form of sensual touching.
- Cowgirl - You can try this on a bed, or a variation of it while having your partner sit on a chair. The straddling partner can then start to “ride” the giving partner at their own comfortable pace. This position is great for women as it gives maximum control over the clitoris and the rhythm of the movement. You can even try reverse cowgirl, in which you sit on your partner, but face away from them, letting them penetrate you from behind. The cowgirl position and its variations also offer a good view of the genitals to assist in better sex. If your partner feels like you are putting too much weight on them, use your knees to support part of your weight or your ankles in case you are seated.
- Doggy style - This is another popular sex position that offers a lot of freedom where penetration is concerned. It’s especially good for overweight people who feel the size of their stomachs may be hindering their ability to have proper sex. In this, the receiving partner uses their arms and knees to get down on all fours, while the giving partner penetrates from behind. You are also free to stimulate your own clitoris or have your partner do it for you. If your arms start to pain while supporting your weight in this position, you can come down and let your forearms support you to reduce the pain.
- Butterfly or standing - In this position, the receiving partner lies down on their back on a piece of furniture that allows the giving partner to penetrate while standing. It can be a highly rewarding position as it allows a full view of the genitals, doesn’t let the stomach get in the way and even leaves your hands free to wander wherever. It might seem a little intimidating at first, but with a little practice and the right piece of furniture, this might soon turn into your favorite sex position!
Spooning - In this position, both the partners lie on their sides facing the same direction, with the giving partner lying behind the receiving partner. You can experiment with angles to see what works best for you and the greatest thing is that your hands are free to stimulate your clitoris or have your partner do it for you. You can even bring your legs closer to make the penetration feel tighter, which may stimulate your clitoris indirectly. Spooning is also great for pregnant women and those who may find their bellies coming in between while attempting other positions. It also feels warmer because it’s like a sexed-up version of a long-drawn cuddle.
The bottom line
Sex should be an enjoyable activity for people of all shapes and sizes. It can also be imperfect and not always as shown in media. The important thing is that you feel comfortable in your own skin and experiment enough to find what works best for you. Remember, overweight people can enjoy sex just as much as people of any other body type. All you need is open and honest communication and a partner who’s willing to experiment.