Importance of Panty Liners & How to Use Panty Liners?
Table of Contents
Before we get to the topic of why we need panty liners, let’s understand what they are. A panty liner is akin to a pad or a sanitary napkin, only lighter and thinner and not used to soak up too much of your menstruation or period blood. It can be used to absorb daily vaginal discharge, post-intercourse discharge, or light menstrual blood flow. However, one should never use a panty liner during days of heavy periods.
Why Use Panty Liners?
Good Intimate Hygiene
It’s natural to encounter vaginal discharge anytime during the day. It can make one feel damp and uncomfortable, especially during workouts. A pantyliner is a way to maintain a fresh and clean feeling throughout. Also, it’s advisable to change a panty liner every 3-5 hours.
To arrest light incontinence
Stress Incontinence is a type of light Urinary Incontinence. Incontinence refers to the inability to control when urine passes through the urethra. Stress Incontinence can take place while laughing or jumping. It is also extremely common after giving birth and therefore, is nothing to be embarrassed about. Panty liners can come into good use against these leakages. They work as a dry and light padding for light Urinary Incontinence.
For the Lighter Period Days
Panty liners can also be used for lighter period days, such as the last days of your period or the ones leading up to it. They provide adequate protection without making you feel uncomfortable.
With a tampon or a menstrual cup
Tampons and menstrual cups are good for protecting against leakage of blood. However, there is an occasional risk of blood leaking. This can be prevented by combining them with a pantyliner.
Absorb Postpartum Flow
New mothers can use panty liners to manage postpartum flow. Light Postpartum flow is common for a few weeks after giving birth.
When to use Panty Liners
Now that we have spoken about how Pantyliners aid in good hygiene, let’s take a look at when to use pantyliners:
- Use them right before you expect your period: This will help you as it will arrest the initial blood flow while at the same time make you feel at ease as panty liners aren’t as heavy as pads.
- Use Pantyliners a few days after your Period: Vaginal discharge is very common during ovulation. Wearing Pantyliners once your period is over can help protect you against this.
- Keep a few handy in your handbag in case you don’t discharge often: This can be extremely handy when one is going through puberty and experiencing changes such as developing chest, growth spurt, mood swings, etc. Also, periods can be irregular during this time and hence, panty liners can help. Panty liners can even fit into your wallet and be a huge lifesaver during unexpected periods.
Here are some important things you must know before wearing panty liners
- Before wearing a panty liner, you should make sure to wash your hands well. After wearing the panty liner, you should wash them again.
- It’s advisable to use unscented pantyliners to minimize chances of vaginal infection or itching. Using unscented panty liners can further help to maintain a better vaginal hygiene.
- Make sure to change your pantyliner every few hours. This will help in avoiding infection.
- It is also advisable to not sleep with a pantyliner, although many women do not experience any discomfort while doing so. However, the reason why one shouldn’t wear pantyliners while sleeping is so that the skin can breathe properly while sleeping.
- Panty liners should not be worn during heavy periods. They aren’t equipped to arrest heavy menstrual discharge.
- In case you have sensitive skin, try to pick panty liners made only with natural extracts.They are gentle enough for daily use and won’t irritate your vagina.
When to be careful with panty liners?
Wearing panty liners every day may increase your chances of contracting a vaginal yeast infection, especially if you encounter symptoms such as burning, itching, or thick discharge. Such information might seem troubling but it’s important to note feminine hygiene products are generally safe. They can only cause harm when used for extended periods of time. Just the way pads need to be changed very few hours, panty liners too need to be changed every few hours to maintain optimal vaginal hygiene. Moreover, they should definitely be changed before sleeping if you intend to wear panty liners while sleeping. Furthermore, at no cost, should they be worn for longer than a day.
Carmesi All-Natural Panty Liners are made of completely natural materials and are completely biodegradable. They have no harmful synthetics or chemicals and keep your skin safe and healthy. Carmesi liners are also extremely soft and incredibly thin, which makes them ideal for all-day comfort. When choosing a product for your intimate hygiene, make an informed decision. Choose the one that doesn't expose your body to harsh chemicals. Choose Natural. Period.
Would be interested in trying eco friendly panty liners.
Leave a comment