The aspiration to age gracefully or the desire to stay young altogether has made many people on a quest to find the best and the most natural way of keeping your face deprived of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. One such method is face yoga which involves massaging your face muscles to stimulate your circulatory and lymphatic systems. In an ode to supply more blood to your face and help alleviate stress or anxiety, face yoga can improve the appearance of your face over time. But as it has always been with these cosmetic cures, the real question is whether it works or not.
What Does Facial Yoga Mean?
The technique of massaging the muscles of your face, shoulder, and neck to relax them and increase the blood circulation to them is the art of facial yoga. It can help in strengthening the muscles of your cheek and face prompting a younger, improved structural appearance. Any balanced facial yoga technique involves exercises, massage, relaxation, and acupuncture techniques.
To ensure positive long-term changes you can focus on particular parts of your face you want to be cured like frown lines, forehead lines, or crow’s feet. It is a non-invasive procedure and should be done only once per day for 15 minutes. It helps you avoid premature aging guaranteeing fuller lips, tighter cheeks, fewer lines and wrinkles, all without botox or such high-end cosmetic treatments.
Benefits Of Face Yoga
It is considered a natural facelift that also enhances your overall well-being. Face yoga helps to:
- Lift and firm the muscles under the skin which helps in smoothing lines and wrinkles.
- Helps to boost circulation, improve lymphatic drainage, and release tension.
- Acupressure techniques relieve stress, which can aid in preventing headaches, releasing sinuses, and enhancing the quality of your sleep.
- Relaxes overactive muscles while toning weaker muscles to prevent sagging and expression lines.
- Helps to give an improved posture, causes fewer headaches, and reduces teeth grinding due to stress or anxiety.
- Control face muscles, nostril breathing, firm the neckline, make your face more symmetrical, reduce the appearance of dark circles and make your face less rounded.
Yoga Exercises For Your Face
Face yoga exercises are easy and you can do them at any hour of the day. Just keep 5-15 minutes for them in your schedules and you can do most of these anywhere. Depending on your area of concern and comfort, here are the different yoga exercises for your face.
However, please remember to always start with a clean, freshly washed face. You can also use a massaging oil or a serum to make sure your fingers glide easily on the surface of your skin and it helps the product penetrate your skin for deeper absorption.
If you have had a long day at work and want to relieve some tension from your eyes and sit back and relax, try this acupressure technique.
- Press the inner corner of your eyes for 30 seconds,
- Then massage carefully in one way for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same in the other direction and open your eyes after an additional 30 seconds.
Stress, all-nighters, and even early morning are bound to give us all dark circles. The problem however lies with how hard it is to get them off. So try this eye exercise that boosts oxygen and alleviates puffiness.
- Place your ring finger at your inner corner.
- Using feather-light touches, drag your finger towards the outer end of your eyebrow through your dark circles.
- Massage into your temple for a couple of seconds.
- Continue to tap above your cheekbones to the inner corner of your eyes and repeat every 30 seconds.
Boost your lymphatic drainage and prevent neck sagging using this massage. It is a great way to release some neck tension around your jaw and throat.
- Title your head back slightly and place your fingers on the top of your neck.
- Using gentle pressure guide these fingers towards your collar bones.
- Press into your collar bones for a few seconds and repeat the process for 30 seconds.
Face tapping can promote the circulation of blood to your skin and helps in releasing some tension along the way.
- Begin at your forehead and use your fingertips to rhythmically tap your skin.
- Continue all along your face toward your jaw. Then, tap the front of your neck and across your shoulders.
- Then move up along the back of your neck to your head.
- Finally, rub your palms together to generate heat. Then cup your hands over your face and breathe deeply for several breaths.
It’s time to relax your forehead. This exercise can help relax your overworked muscle which can release stiffness, rigidity, and expressions of stress.
- Place your fingertips at the center of your forehead, facing inwards.
- Gently press your fingertips into your forehead as you move your fingers toward your temples.
- Release your fingers and continue for 30 seconds.
Face yoga is an amazing self-care technique that helps you to keep signs of premature aging in check and assists you in aging gracefully. It also helps to alleviate stress and gives you a great feeling of confidence and peace. Simply keep doing these exercises daily to see wonderful results.