How To Reduce And Prevent The Lines On Your Neck?
We are tormented by the constant thought of aging or aging too soon. And one of the prominent signs of aging is fine lines and wrinkles, especially in areas where they are far too visible to everyone like around your eyes, forehead, and neck. While wrinkles can be a natural part of your aging process, they can also be triggered by external factors like excess sun exposure. But here is what you can do about these lines on your neck.
What Causes The Lines On Your Neck?
While not all credit can be attributed to aging, it is true that the wrinkling of your neck can be a sign of that. Apart from that, excess exposure to the dangerous UV rays of the sun can also cause premature wrinkles. Leaving your neck unprotected and without SPF can prompt the formation of free radicals which destroy the elastin fibers present in your skin. In addition to that, genetics can also play a big role in how and when you age. But doing one motion over and over again like squinting can also cause wrinkles.
How Do You Reduce & Prevent Neck Lines?
There are a few methods and skincare practices that can ensure you don’t face lines under your neck. Practicing these regularly will help your neck not lose its elastic fibers and hold itself normally without sagging. Here is what you can do:
- Use Vitamin C Serum: To reverse the fine lines or wrinkles caused by excess sun exposure it is mandatory to neutralize those free radicals present in your skin. You can do this by simply using a Vitamin C serum which is known to inactive these free radicals and reverse some of the sun damage caused by them. If you stick with this serum for at least 3 weeks, you can see visible results.
- Wear Sunscreen: If you don’t want to reverse the process of sun damage, just don't forget to step out of the house without proper sunscreen. Most sunscreens will reflect the harmful UV rays from your skin. Since sunscreen doesn't allow any free radicals to enter through the skin’s barrier, the process of collagen breakdown that causes aging doesn’t happen.
- Apply A Retinoid Cream: Retinoids are derivatives of Vitamin A and are a much revered anti-aging ingredient. This is because they help in the production of collagen and help to keep your skin looking young. Furthermore, they also stimulate the production of new blood vessels in the skin, which improves skin tone. Additional benefits include fading age spots and softening rough patches of skin. Use a retinoid cream in small amounts to avoid extremely dry skin.
- Moisturize: Ultimately, the one thing we need to do without forgetting is moisturize our skin thoroughly. It can help the skin puff up and lessen the appearance of wrinkles. It also hydrates your skin giving you young-looking skin. For necklines, in particular, look for those that contain hyaluronic acid since they have a statistically significant moisturizing effect.
Other Ways To Avoid Neck Lines
Apart from trying good skincare products, here are other ways you can avoid your necklines.
- Improve Your Posture: We have all heard of “text neck” which is the result of looking down on your phones or laptop screens for far too long. Well, this can cause necklines too. All wrinkles are caused by repeated movements so looking down at your phone again and again can cause this too. Instead, try fixing your posture by sitting straight and placing or holding your mobiles at a straight angle from your face.
- Don’t Smoke: Smoking causes premature aging because tobacco damages collagen and nicotine causes blood vessels to restrict. For an active smoker, skin gets less oxygen and looks older and more wrinkled. Therefore, practicing good habits is also a part of getting vibrant, glowing skin with minimal wrinkles.
- Use A Neck Patch: Quite like a sheet mask that moisturizes our face, you can use a neck mask. It is said that using a neck patch improves the skin’s appearance, texture, and reduces the look of fine lines. Many of the patches on the market are made of 100 percent silicone, which helps draw moisture up from the lower layer of the skin, thereby plumping the look of existing wrinkles.
These are some of the ways in which you can prevent necklines. However, aging is a natural process and while we try to age gracefully, let’s not wind up so enraptured by it that we grow paranoid when it happens. Using these few techniques can surely help you get your smooth neck back and prevent wrinkles to a certain extent.